Friday, August 31, 2012

Apple For My Teacher


I wish I could take credit for this awesome idea, but actually I found it on Pinterest!  It was created by the super talented Creative Jewish Mom, you can find her blog and the instructions here.
 
With the stress of worrying about my move, which is next week, transferring to a new job location and everything else that goes with that, my mojo is all but gone!  I thought this would make a great little gift.  I made it for my favorite teacher. 
 
I made just a few little changes.  The stem of the apple is just a strip of cardstock that I ran through the crimper.  I free hand cut some leaves from felt and added a little machine stitching.  the tag was made using the Papertrey Ink Apple Die and an alphabet stamp set.
 
Inside of my apple is a little bit of candy wrapped in some red tissue paper.
 
Here is the side view of how I attached the top and bottom.  It's a little blurry, but it gives the example of how I connected the top to the bottom.


Supplies:
Stamps:  JoAnn Fabrics-Alphabet
Ink:  Versfine
Paper:  October Afternoon, Recollections
Misc:  Ribbon, 2 plastic seltzer bottles, felt, crimper, tag, tissue paper, sewing machine, Crop-A-Dile, pop up dots, jute
 
Thanks for stopping by,

1 comment: