Monday, July 28, 2014

Teacher Test Tube Treats & Tutorial


It's that time of year again, back to school!  I love looking at all of the school supplies in the stores.   Since I have been late with every other gift, card, and project this year, I thought I would get started on my Teacher Appreciation/Back to School goodies.

I have had these Martha Stewart Test Tube Favors in my stash for some time now.  I am trying to re-organize and weed out my stuff.  I'm getting very close to being featured on an episode of Hoarders!  So, with some scraps of leftover paper, one of "my favorite" stamp companies, and some candy, I set out to start my first teacher project.

This is the inside shot of the card.  


Of course, a tutorial is in order.  The base is 6 1/4 inches by 11 inches.  You are going to score at 4 1/2 inches, 5 1/2 inches, and 6 1/2 inches.


Fold it together along the 5 1/2 inch score line.  Now, you are going to cut out the "holder" for the test tube.  From one end, you are going to score at 1 inch up to the 6 1/2 inch score from the previous step.  Measure 1 inch from that score mark, and score again.  Do this on the other end.  Cut away the section that was scored on each end.  


I have three packages of these test tube favors!  So, I will be posting them in my Etsy Shop.  I had a hard time finding them on-line, so I am not sure if they can be purchased anymore.  I have had these in my possession for awhile now, so some of the packaging is a little dog eared.  But, the actual tubes are in great shape and come from a smoke free home.


Supplies:
Stamps:  My Favorite Things- Talk Nerdy To Me
Ink:  Mememto, Close To My Heart
Paper:  Recollections, Bo Bunny, Best Creations, Inc
Misc:  Scor-Pal, Copics, pop up dots, washi tape, mini clothespin, star paper punches, test tubes,  Papertrey Ink  Apple Fruit Fusion die, ribbon, buttons, baker's twine, candy

Thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment